Re: line extension?

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : What about the Box Hill tram extension? Will that now go ahead?
>
> : The only tram extension promised on the Labor website is East Burwood to
> : Knox City.
>
> The tram extension from Mont Albert to Box Hill, train from St.Albans to
> Sydenham, and all the new trams, trains and sprinters are part of the
> contracts with Bayside, Hillside, Yarra, Swanston and V/Line Pass.
>
> They will go ahead nothing changes in that area.
>
> Just with Labour we get some more.  <Snip> ------

I wouldn't be quite so sure about that - at least not until we see and hear
definite confirmation of it.  In fact I have down-rated the likelihood of these
projects on my Australian Passenger Rail developments site to reflect the
uncertainty arising from the change of Government.

In summary, I have down-rated the Liberal initiated Mont Albert to Box Hill tram
and St Albans to Sydenham train projects from "Highly Likely to go ahead" to
"May go ahead".  Conversely I have up-rated from "No evidence that Project will
go ahead" to "Might possibly go ahead but long way to go" the following Labour
projects - Cranbourne to East Cranbourne, Broadmeadows to Craigieburn,  Epping
to South Morang, East Burwood to Knox tram, and Melbourne Airport train.

Based on recent postings to aus.rail, I have also downrated the Sydney-Canberra
VHST from "May go ahead" to "Might possibly go ahead but long way to go".

Additional facts and comments on my assessment of project status are always
appreciated - Take a look at
http://people.enternet.com.au/~cbrnbill/maps/devel.htm