Re: 8 car C set

Hi,

Probably interferance with the PA system. I would imagine such a system
would be mayhem with any radio / audio electronics. You just need to
travel under tram wires when you're anywhere near a Z3 or later class
tram listening to an AM radio to realise how bad the chopper interferes.

This morning, I happened to be in 692M, one of Melbourne's 8 chopper
controlled Comeng cars. There was no aparent whine (unless you listened
very carefully). Some of the other chopper cars, 696M i think, are very
loud. The sound comes from the roof in these cases as well. There is
another one, might have even been 692M that i was in too, that doesn't
whine at all.

It's nice when you are rolling back to have the train smoothly pull to a
stop then go back forward, without any jolting, as opposed to rolling
back, sudden jolt as power is applied then sudden jolt as you begin to go
forward again. This is the case at Darebin station where is is on a
grade.

regards
michael.

Jonathan Boles said on 28-Oct-1999 in <01bf211c$fb257480$9c0765cb@tom