Peterbrough Station news thur 28 th oct 1999.

Good afternoon train watchers, it is a lovely day in Peterborough
around 27%, No passenger trains on Thursday , leaving only
freight trains to watch, 1st through at 13:20CST was the westbound
BHP steel freight from NSW to Whyalla , with an empty consist
of 20 slab wagons and 10 steel section wagons, tis would be the first
empty  BHP consist I have seen, Locos in charge were NR25&NR32
a dead 81 class made up the Trio, Talking to the crew, I was told
that N.Rail had purchased 10 / 81 class for their South Australian
operations,
and as someone else said they could be used by Freight Corp on the Coal
Run to Leigh Creek.  This consist remained on the loop , waiting for the
P/S  eastbound TNT freight, which came thundering through the station
at 13:45 CST with locos NRN5&NR31 in charge.
    I am in need of advice, is the NSW station at Dapto still in use, are
the
lovely gardens still along the platform, I notice the is a non standing zone
marked along the edge of the platform, I need to do the same here as
children
stand to close to the edge, what are the measurements and what would
be the best way to paint the  yellow line, Nice and straight I mean.
Enjoy Your Trains

Photos: http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/Peterborough/
Email: stationmaster@ozemail.com.au
My Page : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stationmaster/