Re: Peterbrough Station news thur 28 th oct 1999.

Robin <stationmaster@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
ySQR3.1994$1C1.7712@ozemail.com.au">news:ySQR3.1994$1C1.7712@ozemail.com.au...
<snip>
>     I am in need of advice, is the NSW station at Dapto still in use, are
> the
> lovely gardens still along the platform, I notice the is a non standing
zone
> marked along the edge of the platform, I need to do the same here as
> children
> stand to close to the edge, what are the measurements and what would
> be the best way to paint the  yellow line, Nice and straight I mean.
> Enjoy Your Trains

Yes, Dapto station is still open and manned (personned?) and it still has
the gardens. Dapto is currently the end of the electrification so you need
to change here for most services. There are a couple of through diesel
railcar services from Wollongong to Bomaderry. It has been promised, usually
before a state election, that the electrification will be extended to Kiama,
I will believe it when I see it.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton