Re: 8 car C set

Hi

The "weird box thing" above the C set doors is a disused doors opening
indicator like the diagram below if i remember correctly. They were not in
use very much and were presumably disconnected shortly after entering
service. In the newly upgraded C sets, this "box" is covered over.

I think they are called choppers because they have a function called chopper
control, like a helicopter (as I think the Tangaras have as well). I'm sure
that one of the people who operate C sets can explain more............

BTW, the C sets were originally classifed as K sets but were reclassifed C
sets to differentiate them from other K sets.

Eric
www.webalias.com/erknet