Re: Labor win etc...

Brian Evans (IOM) said on 19-Oct-99 in <7ufhi2$314$1@m2.c2.telstra-
mm.net.au>:

>In relation to the South Morang Extension, is the ROW still in place?

A lot of it still is, to the extent that the bridge about 200m on the down
side of Epping station still (almost) exists but i think has had the
decking removed, as with most bridges on closed lines (makes u wonder
why...). McDonalds Road at South Morang still kinks where the original
level crossing was. A platform still exists on private property just north
of Mernda, and I believe that the station yard at Whittlesea is long gone,
platform, building and all. I believe most of the reservation might still
exist too, but that's not to say that someone hasnt gone and built a house
on it somewhere.

I have quite an interest in old/closed lines, and have already begun doing
some documenting on a couple of Central Victoria branchlines. In due course
I will have many photos and articles on my webpage. With the assistance of
Steven Hurst who took me driving throughout central vic last Friday i
intend to have some of my photos back tomorrow. So far covered, will be the
Kyneton-Redesdale branchline which is my main project to start off with,
then the Heathcote branch will follow.

BTW, thanks to all those who replied to Steven's email on Thursday night
regarding information on the Heathcote line, all was noted!

Thanks
Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski