Re: CityRail Ticket Gates (was: St Leonards, NSW)

Hi

There are a shortage of Revenue Protection Officers in CityRail (about 100
for the whole system) at the moment so obviously they can not be everywhere.
Just because there are gates at a station doesn't mean the station should be
(or is) an RPO free zone. There are many offences occurring at gated station
as well as at non gated stations including

no tickets
concession abuse
over riding
jumping over barriers/fences etc

With regards to which stations have gates and which don't, patronage figures
and previous fare evasion rates (real and perceived) are the main basis for
determining which stations get gates. Also, some station layouts are not
conductive to having gates and Pennant Hills in it's current form
(especially the exit on the down platform) is not ideal for having gates.
Now if only they closed that entrance and made everybody leave/enter via the
"main" concourse. (Can you imagine the uproar?).............

Eric
www.webalias.com/erknet
New pics added.........

NOTE BY THE SUBJECT THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT SYDNEY AND NOT MELBOURNE BEFORE
ANYODY STARTS THIS SYDNEY V MEBOURNE THING AGAIN.

Hubert wrote in message <7urj5u$jjq$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>Pennant Hills should have got gates when it was upgraded a few years back.
It does