Re: Vinyl seats in Tangara carriage

Ah the luxury of living in Victoria. I'd happily sit backwards to not sit
on a vinyl seat during summer :-)

In all seriousness though, has anyone here experienced the vinyl pad seats
in the hitachi's before they went to fabric? What were they like for
comfort compared to the fabric seats of now? Sometimes i feel as if i'd
rather stand up when travelling in a Hitachi. It also seems the seats were
designed for anorexic midgets, when you have a whole seat bay filled with
people it's extremely squashy.

Also on the topic of what goes into the seats, you can't tell if the fabric
seats are wet, expecially when some moron spills a whole can of soft drink
into one. Chewing gum is also more of a problem on fabric than vinyl.

You will probably find that the blue seats cause you to sweat more because
being a darker colour than that tacky brown they absorb more heat from the
sunlight.

Regards
Michael.

Railway Rasputin said in message <380F06F9.4D6AE24F@fastlink.com.au>, I