Re: Melb Trams and Fatalities

Anamul wrote:

> On 21-Oct-1999, Jennifer Richmond <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>
> > AFAIK - that was the only fatality this year involving a tram and a
> > pedestrian. I don't even remember any last year, or the year before etc.
> >
> > It was very unfortunate that you were to be here when it happened, probably
> > a 1 in 1000 chance!
> >
> > Sam Eades
>
> A friend of mine works in the PTC Councelling (sp?) area. The week before Christmas, last year, they
> had 7 in 7 Days.
> --
> Anamul (aka Peter Riley)
> I cannot believe that people think Aussies drink "Fosters"
>
> ICQ 17225861
> EMail Mul@bigpond.comI'd just like to correct you on the 7 in 7 days statistic. As the
(outgoing) PTC medical officer, I can assure you that we have never had
7 tram fatalities in that sort of period. One per year would be about
correct...often the pedestrian is drunk.

You ought TO BE VERY CAREFUL when you quote 'a PTC counsellor' and make
such stupid allegations on a public forum such as this. Get your facts
right....some of us in "head office" do subscribe to this Newsgroup.

Cheers

Dr Stuart Turnbull
PTC Chief Medical Officer