Re: Prosperpine Mill loco #1

canetram59 <canetram59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
380e45eb@grissom">news:380e45eb@grissom...
> My good friend John has beaten me to it to state that Proserpine No.1 is
not
> an ex-QR DH but rather  a Clyde 0-6-0DH Model DHI (which stood for "Diesel
> Hydraulic Industrial"). It was B/n 7 and was delivered in 1955 to
Proserpine
> Mill. This type of locomotive was fitted with a 150hp 6-cylinder GM diesel
> which was latter uprated to 170hp when a GM 6-cylinder 71 Series motor was
> used. These later locomotives were Clyde's Model DHI-71. There were 8 of
> this type DHI/DHI-71 at Proserpine.
> Proserpine No.1 arrived at Dreamworld late in 1998 and is currently
> undergoing a rebuild, albeit slowly. The clearances under the pedestrian
> bridges and (fake) rock tunnel are very tight and No.1 has a higher cab
than
> as originally built due to insulation installed under the cab floor to
> isolate the crew from the noisy gearbox. The cab obviously will have to be
> considerably lowered to meeet clearance requirements. I'll try to find out
> what the proposed final appearance will be and hopefully post it on this
> Newsgroup tonight.
>
> canetram59

Further information on Proserpine No.1 is as follows. The rebuild is
proceeding very slowly. Not much has occurred to date. The cab will have to
be lowered considerably to meet the height restrictions. It is also intended
(hoped) to remove up to 5 tonnes in weight off the loco. The front and rear
buffer beams will also have to be narrowed somewhat to meet a width
restriction.
It is/was hoped to have the rebuild completed by Christmas.

canetram59