Re: aus.rail etiquette (was Very Fast Train appears all but dead)

Bill McNiven wrote:

> There is a question of etiquette on which long-term aus.railers can advise
> me ...
>
> If I see an interesting story, I could just cut and paste the lot into
> aus.rail (to hell with copyright!).
> Or, I can cut and paste a URL even though it's probably meaningless by
> tomorrow morning, or sooner if the copyright owner re-jigs breaking news
> during the day.

I would suggest from a netiquette perspective, that if the article is more than
about a screen of text, then the URL is better.  If it is only a short article,
then the whole article would be better.  If, however, you suspect that a long
article is likely to disappear quickly (like a news item in SMH or BBC, etc)
then for the sake of archiving, perhaps it is best to post the whole thing.
Really it comes down to commonsense.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au