Re: aus.rail etiquette (was Very Fast Train appears all but dead)

Chris Stratton wrote in message <7uj9h4$hvb11@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au>...
>For some reason this link took me to a story about Jeff Kennett. After I
>browsed around and found the story the URL was the same as the first one I
>went to.

There is a question of etiquette on which long-term aus.railers can advise
me ...

If I see an interesting story, I could just cut and paste the lot into
aus.rail (to hell with copyright!).  When I have done this, several people
reply to tell me the URL.  I'm not sure if they're gently correcting me or
just showing off their extreme knowledge of the internet.

Or, I can cut and paste a URL even though it's probably meaningless by
tomorrow morning, or sooner if the copyright owner re-jigs breaking news
during the day.

What is the preferred practice?

Rgds

Bill :)