Re: aus.rail etiquette (was Very Fast Train appears all but dead)

Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
Y1bP3.16878$D33.49162@ozemail.com.au">news:Y1bP3.16878$D33.49162@ozemail.com.au...

> Chris Stratton wrote in message <7uj9h4$hvb11@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au>...
> >For some reason this link took me to a story about Jeff Kennett. After I
> >browsed around and found the story the URL was the same as the first one
> >went to.
>

> There is a question of etiquette on which long-term aus.railers can advise
> me ...
>
> If I see an interesting story, I could just cut and paste the lot into
> aus.rail (to hell with copyright!).  When I have done this, several people
> reply to tell me the URL.  I'm not sure if they're gently correcting me or
> just showing off their extreme knowledge of the internet.
>
> Or, I can cut and paste a URL even though it's probably meaningless by
> tomorrow morning, or sooner if the copyright owner re-jigs breaking news
> during the day.
>
> What is the preferred practice?

Why not both? Then those that want the URL can have it (and wander off to
see if it is there) and those who come on late can still see the article.

DaveP