Re: Cowra-Blayney [NSW AUS] to Re-open

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:08:04 GMT, lbrash@my-deja.com wrote:

>I thought this would have got a mention on this group, but NSW Transport
>Minister Carl Scully announced a few weeks back that Cowra-Blayney would
>be re-opened by the end of the year.  A bridge replacement (ex-fire) is
>involved, so the timing might be optimistic, but good news anyway.
>
>Regards,
>Lindsay.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Good news indeed as it will also increase the payroll money spent in the mid west towns such as
Cowra as extra perway gangs will need to be stationed somewhere.

Is this Cowra line reopening to help Olympic traffic congestion?   If so how will it help prevent
congestion as the freight traffic that passes through Homebush usually comes from Newcastle /
Brisbane enroute to Melbourne or Perth or Whyalla.

Now, if the Mudgee line was to be reopened and freight use the Ulan / Gulgong connection, as
mentioned by many people on this NG on previous occaaions, than freight traffic could avoid Sydney.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ ion.com.au