Re: Old Station Photos

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:25:30 +1000, "John Hourigan" <mushi@hunterlink.net.au> wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can get some photos of the old station at Stroud
>Road?  I grew up near there,and  I can only just remember it when my Father
>used to get farming supplies off the freight trains.
>
>Thanks
>Trish Greenham.

If you have a copy of "The Railway Art of Kenneth G Bowan" , try Page 17.  It shows Ken's painting
of 3823 crossing a goods train at Stroud Rd. Perhaps not everything that you wanted in the painting
but the artist was noted for his eye for detail so the features shown are correct.

Cheers
Peter

Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ ion.com.au