Re: Gauntlet tracks

Steven Hurst wrote:

> > Can anyone give me a list of all locations of Gauntlet tracks in
> Australia?
>
> What is a Gauntlet Track, assume nothing, always give full details please :)

I agree, terminology can, and does, change from state to state. For
example what I have read on this thread already would indicate that we
are indeed not talking about the same thing, hence....

Over here in Western Australia, a "Gauntlet track" is a short section of
track - the length of a point - where the common rail is transposed from
one side to the other.

This is often required where there are daul-guage (mixed gauge to be
precise - oh dear, have I opened up a can of worms with that one)
triangles or balloon loops.

An example of each of these in the West are: Between West Midland - East
Guildford (suburban); and C.B.H. grain silo at Kwinana (freight).

Kwinana is this month's "Featured Cabin" on the S.I.G.W.A. site, if you
would like to take a look the link is:
http://www.starwon.com.au/~cfrench/Signals/Sigwa.htm

Cheers.

Chris. French.