Re: Bad Day at The Office.

    There is a problem with what you wanted to do Andrew. When someone charters a
train they don't expect the train to be filled up with people who aren't with
them. If you had charted a train for a business function or something would you
really want every railfan who turns up to be on the train? If the RTM allowed you
onto the train then it would open up the charters to anybody who wanted a ride
and was willing to pay. How could they refuse anyone else if they allowed you on.
The safest thing for the RTM to do is to have a ban on anybody who isn't with the
charter group. That way they avoid any problems later on with the "...but you let
them go for a trip on the charter train, why not me!!!!!!" complaints. If you
want a train ride, thats what the railfan tours are for, not the charters. I am a
member of Steamrail and I would never expect them to give me a seat on a charter
train.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: