Re: Calliope

Garry Hoddinett wrote:

> When travelling south along the Bruce Highway a few months ago I passed
> under what seemed to be a new railway bridge across the highway about 15Kms
> (?) WEST of Calliope.  This railway bridge does not appear on any maps that
> I have.   Where does this railway go?  Near Calliope itself the highway
> passed over another railway which I believe was the Moura & Monto lines.

The line you refere to runs to a new limestone mine. The limestone is hauled to
a cement works at the northern end of Gladstone harbour.

You are correct about the second line, this is the Moura Short line, with the
Monto branck diverting at few Kilometers West of the highway bridge.

--
Bruce L. Greening
bgreeni@ibm.net