Re: Gold Coast express pickup at Vulture St

--

wrote:

>>Hi Matthew,
>>
>>the closest time I can give is the 2:48 timetable out of Robina. I haven't
got the timetable with me
>>at the moment to see what time we were due at Sth BNE. We sat south of
Kuraby for perhaps 5 / 10 min
>>[max] and only a few minutes at Kuraby platform.  The 3:53 ex Sth Bne
would have been caught in the
>>troubles if it came from the Beenleigh line. If it came from the Cleveland
line it would have been
>>ok.
>>
>>There were people on most platforms as we came through the suburbs so a
suburban was due.

>>Did the GSPE go past Sth Brisbane while you were waiting at Sth BNE?
>>
>>We passed  the outbound GSPE at Yeronga. I assume it was running the loop
through Tennyson /
>>Corinda to turn for the return to Cairns.
>>
>>The city end car on the crippled set at Altandi had Ipswich on the
destination board but it could
>>have been changed later.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Peter Cokley

>>>What time was this???? , I saw 12 cars running into the ETS at 4:30pm on
>>>Saturday. They were sets 53, 29, 77, 14 and all units showed BEENLEIGH on
>>>their indicators. So I would say they were returning empty from
Beenleigh, I
>>>also saw a 12 car movement at Lawnton at 6:00pm heading for town.Come to
>>>think of it, I was coming home from South Brisbane and was going to catch
>>>the 3:52pm from South Brisbane, It was running about 10 mins late
right????
>>>I ended up catching the Doomben train instead.
>>>
>>>Matthew green
>>>kgreen@powerup.com.au
>>>
>>>ICQ 51630312

Hello Peter,

Yes thats it unit 53 had Ipswich on its board, thats the train allright. I
was at the Railway shop to have a look around, very good shop all I bought
was Sunshine Express the latest issue. Your train was units 110-? I saw it
at Bowen Hills. As for the GSPE, I saw it at Roma Street hauled by 3917 and
also at South Brisbane at around 3:50pm, It crossed to the dual gauge. I
also saw it at Dakabin on Sunday hauled by a differnet 3900 class loco.

Matthew Green
kgreen@powerup.com.au

ICQ 51630312