Re: Gold Coast express pickup at Vulture St

--
Matthew Green
kgreen@powerup.com.au
PETer and susAN wrote in message <37ffdce9.6398649@news.ion.com.au>...
>The Gold Coast Express made a non standard stop at Vulture St station to
pick up after the fireworks
>and RAAF F111 flame show at Southbank [former EXPO site] last night. The
time was about 9:45pm but
>the train was late due to the huge crowds etc. The usual is stop at South
Brisbane than express
>through the suburbs.
>
>While coming to Brisbane in the afternoon we here held just south of
Kuraby. The announcement over
>the PA was the delay was due to  a crippled train ahead. The signals than
let us get to Kuraby
>station where the doors were kept locked and we were told the delay was due
to signals. Than one
>crew member used the PA to ask the other to open the doors and give the
crowd on the platform a
>"lift into town". Doors opened and grateful passengers poured on while PA
announcements told them
>the train was express to South Brisbane.  A long car set [perhaps 9 /12
cars, we were moving too
>fast to count] was in Altandi southbound platform. The extra number of
carriages at Altandi
>"suggests" the following [a] outbound train failed on steep Altandi bank
[b] following suburban set
>used to push it into the platform [c] single line operation using points at
perhaps Sunnybank and
>Kuraby. There might be crossover points at Runcorn for the Bradford Kendall
foundry? My train left
>Robina at 2:48pm for its timetabled 140kph journey to Brisbane.
>
>Cheers
>Peter Cokley

What time was this???? , I saw 12 cars running into the ETS at 4:30pm on
Saturday. They were sets 53, 29, 77, 14 and all units showed BEENLEIGH on
their indicators. So I would say they were returning empty from Beenleigh, I
also saw a 12 car movement at Lawnton at 6:00pm heading for town.Come to
think of it, I was coming home from South Brisbane and was going to catch
the 3:52pm from South Brisbane, It was running about 10 mins late right????
I ended up catching the Doomben train instead.

Matthew green
kgreen@powerup.com.au

ICQ 51630312