Re: Oldest set of flashing lights at a road crossing still in situ

38000ec9@nap-ns1">news:38000ec9@nap-ns1...

37fe7d99@nap-ns1">news:37fe7d99@nap-ns1...

> > I wonder if the National Trust or Heritage council has placed the
> > Koo-Wee-Rup (Vic) level crossing on its register as a notable item
to be
> > protected.
> > I was led to believe that it was the oldest complete installation
on the
> > Victorian system,dating from the mid 1940s

> I had suspected that they may be the oldest set in situ. Do any
others of
> this type still exist in use?

> For those who haven't seen them, they are the type with a single
lamp being
> used to light lenses facing each direction. Most signals these days
have a
> seperate lamp housing for each direction - forward and rear of the
post.

They are certainly the only ones I've seen around.  (Model HC81?)
They are Cast Iron.

The Crossing won't be oldest complete installation unless it has the
original control circuits, which if it was 1940's would have been a
high tech DX13 interlocking Track Relay.

If FV ever start running back down to Koala, I expect they won't
survive the attack of the LED's.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.