Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

>At Central, all gates were closed and accepting tickets (some people
>bothered to use it). Most people went straight to the person standing at
>the open gate, showed/gave ticket, went through.

This was probably due to the laziness of the Cityrail employee manning the
gate. The gate is supposed to be left closed and only opened by the employee
for a passengers with baggage etc. or with a ticket that the gates will not
accept.

The drone passengers are well trained - I often find it amusing late at night
when the barriers are in the open position (and therefore won't accept tickets)
to see passengers trying to force tickets into the slot, not realising that the
gates are open!