Re: XPTs

Hi Al..

Al Barrett wrote in message <37fef258@news.hunterlink.net.au>...
>An unidentified XPT power car passed paterson today (saturday) dead, and
>covered in oil. (presumably blown up.)
>I think it was the Ex grafton XPT
>One can only wonder which services would survive if many more blow up!.
>
>Just thought someone might be interested.

I saw NT 26 with 2018 leading this morning and it had a rear unit. NT4 had
2000 leading and also had a rear unit.... My guess would be the unit came
off NT1 last night, and it must have been north of Taree where it was
detatched, as there was no stowed XP between Telarah and Taree...

Out of interest how many do ya think are blown up?.... at the moment there
is always one being repainted and as we speak there are 2 ok engines at
Meeks Road as spares, so I guess the one you saw today would be the only
"blown up" unit at the moment, or 5.26% of the fleet.... i wonder if any
otther fleets can boast that low number of "blown up" engines..

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year