Re: Motormouth (was: BK cars)

Mark Cauchi wrote:

> The person in question is, I understand, slightly autistic and while I
> know he can be a total pain, people need to be reminded of his
> disability.  Organisers have to be very careful in declining his
> bookings as it could be brought against them as a discrimination matter.
>
> Mark

    It's a bit annoying to pay the extra 10 or 15 dollars for air-conditioning
and be stuck with him for an entire day (for some reason he's always booking
air-conditioned now). Unless they shove him in a compartment on his own or in
with people they know will tolerate him, the organisers could lose patronage
from people who are annoyed with his non-stop talking and annoying behaviour.
What would you think if you weren't a railfan, you decided to try out one of
these tours for the first time and all you could hear was motormouth? It's a
very difficult situation for the organisers, because if they declined his
booking (as you pointed out) they could be brought up on discrimination.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au