Re: QR going national?

 > > Sold!  I like the sound of that.  The only problem now is if we become
> > republic.
> > Hmm.... how about "Southern Standard Gauge", on the basis that the two
> > biggest
> > systems (Sth Africa and Oz) are in the Southern Hemisphere?
> >
> Chauvanistic nonsense?

Nah, just rampant parochialism :-)

 Arguably, the "biggest" 3'6" system is Japan's (JR +
> Private).   Japan is not in the southern hemisphere.

I honestly hadn't thought of Japans 3'6" system.
Blame it on too much media attention to the 4'8 1/2"
Bullet Trains......

Another thought - what gauge are Brazil's railways?

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...