Re: I Didn't know that Tangara's drank beer

Hi,

The transition couplers used are to convert from a Scharfenburg type
coupler to an Autocoupler (the standard type). The transition coupler also
contains a conversion for the brake line, to allow a standard brake line to
be connected to the integrated brake line found in the scharf's. I am
however not sure about any electrical connection, and doubt there is any,
since they were only designed for use in emergencies and empty transfers as
far as i know.

In Melbourne the transition couplers are used for loco hauled spark
transfers, in which case the spark is hauled dead by a diesel, and
shouldn't require any electrical connection.

<disclaimer>the above informaiton is to my knowledge only, please correct
me if i'm wrong WITHOUT shooting me down in flames, which this group is
renowned for.</disclaimer>

regards
Michael

Chris Lehmann said on 05-Oct-1999 in