Re: Train Order working

michael ostrowski wrote:

> From what I have been hearing, there have been communication problems with
> train order working, in particular with Orange Train Control and NR
> workings. A few weeks ago the return Trailerail, basically lost contact with
> Orange for most of the journey from Manildra to Orange. I have also heard of
> delays due to trains not being able to log on with Orange Train Control.
> Maybe its just a problem with the NR locos, or the hills around here.

Leaving Orange for Parkes a few days ago, it took 15 minutes to get a train
order.  We then had to stop at Manildra for 15 minutes, as the radio would not
work, and the driver eventually had to stand on the front of the engine with his
mobile phone to get a new order.  In all, half an hour of delays due to radio
problems with train order.  The old Electric Staff would have been quicker over
the section!

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au