Re: Hornsby resignalling and catch points

David Bromage wrote, inter alia,
>During the stop at berowra, I was intrigued to see a set of catch points
>on the down line. Where else are there catch points on the main line?
Catch points on the "main" line seem to be common in the Sydney area where
there are converging routes and both carry "main line" traffic.  Off the top
of my head, the Up Illawarra Local at Sydenham and the Down Illawarra Local
at Central.  Plus a set on the Down North Suburban at Strathfield to catch
trains rolling backwards from the flyover!

Cheers

Bill