Re: QR okay for Y2K

Peter Cook wrote in message <24yJ3.2750$lE.16083@ozemail.com.au>...
>Who is Vince O'Rouke. He is a born and breed Queenslander. Nothing to do
>with you people from across the boarder. Started in the railways as a
Porter
>and worked his way up through the ranks.

Absolute rubbish

Vince started in NSWGR his brother (Frank) was Station Master Wollongong
when he retired
and I also believe their father was employed by NSWGR.

Vince's last Job in NSW was with Freightrail as I think GM Coal Grain and
Minerals. His was
Freight Business Manager prior to that.

Vince was made GM Coal Grain and Minerals I think after the reorganisation
that produced Cityrail
and Freightrail (I think the first Greiner inspired reorganisation).

Parochialism has had almost as a bad effect on the industry as Politicians.

By the way both of them are absolute Gentleman and were very nice people to
work for.

I believe Vince started as a porter.