Re: Rationalisations (was Re: Screens savers on message boards?)

Tony Gatt said on 01-Oct-1999 in <37F4374A.9F46ACF8@tig.com.au>:

>> and they call it making it more efficient... (Okay, the Flinders-St to
>> Richmond section has improved considerably without Jolimont Railyards,
>> nothing else will though).
>
>So I guess since the demise of the yards at Flinders St, there is now no
>need for a station to be built between FSS and Richmond to give trains
>an excuse to stop.

<conspiracy theory>
Maybe THAT's why the removed Jolimont railyards. Maybe people thought there
could have been a perfect station places somewhere in the middle there to
service Melbourne Park and the MCG on weekends. Oh well, trams do it well
enough now anyways.
</conspiracy theory>

Regards
Michael