Re: Screens savers on message boards?

Michael <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
news:8E50B54F6telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> Hi,
>
> Why not take Melbourne's approach? Melbourne have two line high intensity
> LED displays. An example is below (Set fixed width font)

I would like to see a smaller version of the flip-letter displays used at
Flinders St. fitted at stations instead of the LED displays.  Either that
for fix the bloody things up.  They're almost always to small (even for
Upper Fern Tree Gully, by shortening it to "U. F. T. GULL".  If it is going
to be abbreviated, why not just use "UPPER GULLY"?), they never have a
uniform message (some stations will have "TRAIN NOT TAKING PASSENGER", then
scroll across a single "S", others will have "Train Arrival Do not board"),
and often have a bug in their system and scroll a nonsense message (Mitcham
Plat. 2 for months, Camberwell Plat. 3 this week).  And for crying out loud,
get rid of those bloody awful monitors.

Bryan