Re: (Melb) 4D Anyone??

It was removed from service about two months ago after a static inverter
became defective.  In the last week it has run test runs between Bayswater
Maintenance Centre and Blackburn.  It is waiting on a further part to be
replaced, when it will undergo further testing.  If nothing fails, the set
will be back in service, to cover the 'Summer shortage'.  (No trains hates
the heat like Melb's Comeng trains)

Gareth.

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Leon Kernan wrote:

> I saw it a Bayswater about an hour ago.. I think it had Hillside on it.
>
> Amin Azoor <s993017@mhs.vic.edu.au> wrote in message
> 38447CBD.397F0E7@mhs.vic.edu.au">news:38447CBD.397F0E7@mhs.vic.edu.au...
> > Howdy all, long time since I've been in this NG but I want to ask what
> > has happened to the 4D?? I haven't seen it in ages... So has it been
> > withdrawn... handed over to Bayside.. etc?? So could someone fill me in
> > on the story?
> >
> > TIA
> > Cheers,
> > Amin Azoor
> > --
> > Amin Azoor: amcjericho@smackdowngame.com

 Gareth Lumsden
 glums112@start.com.au
 http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
 I can't help growing old, but growing up is optional :-)