Re: (Melb) 4D Anyone??

I have been told by a Hillside Official that Alstom want to return the 4D to
traffic, but the Operations Division of MTE refuse to accept it into traffic
because it will effect their 21 million passenger minute perfomance if it
fails in service again.

MTE have an 82 Million Passenger Minute buffer before they are required to
pay for late running, this is divided up between the various business
divisions, Alstom have around 35 or 40 million to cover workshop down time
etc and the Operations Division are allocated 21 Million. If the unit fails
in service the penalty falls on CGEA not Alstom, so they are not prepared to
take that risk.

Of cause its a little more complicated than  that, but this is a general
idea of  how it works.

Bob.

ff214.759$Hy3.10319@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:ff214.759$Hy3.10319@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...