Re: Australian Railway Digest (was NSW Railway Digest)

Rod Gayford wrote:

> Leave NSW Digest alone.
> Its as good as any rail magazine excepting Trains.

Que? What? I wasn't bashing Digest - I /like/ Digest. Methinks you're
responding to the wrong chap.

> The English rail mags are bloody awful but I do read them for free in a city
> book store.

"This isn't a library you know!"

> Trouble is it is getting expensive. Digest, Bulletin, Motive
> Power, Light Rail, Trains and Model Railroader and the bloody fortune spent
> on accessing the internet for mainly railroad stuff.

Yep. And there's a lot of duplicated information, as well, between them
all. It's also mildy depressing to read an article or tidbit and realise
that one has read that almost verbatim on aus.rail last month!

I think I'll stick to Digest and Sunshine Express for the time being.

--
Robert Kearey                   Remote Access Group
ITS                             University of Queensland