Re: New Airline and Speedrail?? Go rail

There will be a mid point where rail becomes a less practical option for
travel compared to air.

Air travel has handicaps - perception of safety and fuel effiiciency
especially.

Modern high speed rail is more comfortable and quieter.  Any more than 90
minutes in any airframe is too long and mosly the scenery is lousy - even a
video looking out the front would be boring.

I believe we will see more rail/airline cooperation as the operations can
and should be complementary.

I admit my only qualification for my view is 32 years in the aviation
Industry, 14 hours on the QR tilt train, and about 19 rail trips across
Australia (including non air conditioned wood coaches circa 1917 - but
that's another story).

Goldie of Goenbroek.

VNm04.41$Bn2.118560@news0.optus.net.au">news:VNm04.41$Bn2.118560@news0.optus.net.au...