Re: [Melbourne - trams] Location query

> > You mean the Victoria Parade ballast tracks have been relaid in
> > concrete?
>
> > I thought they and the Dandenong Road/Queensway tracks were being relaid
> > in open ballast?
>
> > Any replacement yet of the crap ballast tracks in Mt Alexanda Road?
>
> > David McLoughlin
> > Auckland New Zealand
>

> Oops, sorry. I meant "All lines ballasted except turnout into siding".
> Regarding Mt Alexandra Road, I have not been out that way for a while,
> but last
> time I looked, no.
>
> John McCallum

All of Victoria Parade was relaid in ballast on concrete sleepers except for
the shunt at Brunswick St, and the crossover at Punt Rd which are in mass
concrete.

Dandenong Rd was totally relaid from Hawthorn Rd to St Kilda Junction in
ballast on concrete sleepers except for the Chapel St & Orrong Rd crossovers
which are in mass concrete, and the small (previously ballasted) section
between Hawthorn Rd & Glenferrie Rd which is totally in mass concrete now.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)