Re: [Sydney - heavy rail] Pedestrian tunnel under Railway Square

being a little silly , Ill comment without knowing the full story here. If I am to understand correctly it is intimated
that a live steam movement would occur to move  the loco from the museum via this tunnel to  the outside world!!

Well, firstly, whilst it would be truly fascinating for the public  to witness at close hand such an event...how musc
space are we talking about in the tunnel...how far can the loco be from the public.

Tram and Bourke street , loco in tunnel..same ..i dont think so. What working parts are under pressure  on a tram??
Is Bourke street a confined area (well on A christmas shopping day maybe)
A movement of a loco in todays environs and understanding of public risks would be akin to negligence...we have come a
long ways from the 1800's.

Maybe a rail tractor powerd type movement, of a dead loco would be palatable. and I presume we arealy are talking about
moving a dead loco!!

After all this I would think a movement , out of hours, closed to the public would be the most common sense approach

But , Ill stand waiting to be corrected, Ill admit I amunaware of the full picture!!  just some comments worry me
Never take safety for granted, what is acceptable risk for the public...its far removed from the acceptable risks
endured by those, trained and knowledgable in these matters.
If kids have any proximity to this, make it out of hours!!

cheers >:~)) Richard ....(waiting for cream  pies!!)