Re: Railfan shop; greetings from Albert

> <snip>  I have happily purchased my items from
> another outlet since your comment to me.
>
> I manage a retail store, and I choose to become very humble when treating
my
> customers. I always greet them cheerfully, and even if I do not receive a
> greeting back, I ignore it and carry on serving them.
>
> If I have to cop shit from them, fair enough, I take it - it's part of
being
> a manager.
>
> Maybe I could suggest attending a few classes in management and
> communication.       <snipped>

I totally agree and sympathise with you, andy b. It is unfortunate that
nowadays some people, eg. merchants in a shop, have a SEVERE 'attitude'
problem. The customer is always right. Personally I am glad that you did
take the time to tell other people about the proverbial 'bad apple'.

Albert wrote ==> Everyone who enters the Railfan Shop is greeted by the
> > Manager. Customers are expected to respect the authority of...

[note use of capital letter on 'manager'.]. Why are customers "expected" to
do anything, let alone "respect authority"??? They have given you their
custom, and are paying YOU money, for your goods. Customers are not an
expendable resource.

... > > the officer in charge of the shop. It is a bit like the
> > authority of the Fat Controller over Thomas the Tank
> > Engine. Those who do not respect authority and return the
> > greeting are chastised. That is what they deserve.

Albert, this is COMPLETE and UTTER BULLSHIT!!!!! (I will not hesitate to
swear here!) Do you really expect customers to respect a fat controller (in
both the real and metaphorical sense) like you!!!
"Chastise"ment by a shop manager is completely unwarranted!!! Seriously,
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???!!!
How can you think that you have the right to "chastise" a customer who does
not see the illusion of "respect[able] authority" that you, SOLELY, believe
in

> > Too bad for you if you are uncomfortable with the
> > greetings, and the chastisement you receive if you do not
> > respond in the manner required, when you enter the shop.

Too bad for you too, Albert, when you lose all your customers because of
you unwarranted administration of "chastisement". A railfan shop is not an
Army platoon, nor is it a Catholic convent or school. Respect IS NOT
NEEDED, NOR IS IT DUE TO BE PAID TO YOU.

(sorry to anyone offended by my speech or swearing, except Albert, but
desperate circumstances DO call for desperate measures.)

> Get your head out of your arse, you arrogant dickhead.
TOO BLOODY RIGHT!!!!!    Albert, I do hope that you lose all your customers
soon, and do try to get some [much needed psychological] help on your
incredibly fucked superiority complex.