Re: Tunnel under the Opera house?

In article <jAyZ3.23933$we.39302@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
Someone Else <croyle@bigpond.com> wrote:
>Ok go to the opera house where you drive in above ground, near the security
>hut. follow the rock wall on your right and you will see a big grill...look
>down.  wow look at that. Its a big rock cut hole going below sea level with
>get ready for it "4ft traintracks at the bottom". I sure someone knows if
>this joins with the active lines and how old it is.
>post something please or email me on croyle@bigpond.com.

 Its the air-'conditioning' plant for the Opera House carpark which is under
there somewhere.
 I assume the rails are just to allow large motors and stuff to be moved from
the hole to the position where they operate.

 If you walk up Macquarie St, you will see the entrance ramps to the car-park.

 That hole and grill are 'new'. :-)