Re: 4D Is it or isn't it

Hi,
I met with Hillside upper management yesterday and we discussed double
deckers in passing. They agreed that theyre not needed but they didn't
mention what they wanted to do with the 4D.

We also suggested a lot of improvements to service patterns and so
forth which they said they were "considering" or would "consider", such
as off-peak and late night frequency improvements and more expresses
through the day. They acknowledged that line capacity's not an issue.

When it came to infrastructure upgrades they said basically that they
would do that which their contract required them to do and no more,
which I guess reinforces the idea that lobbying on PT should be
directed at government.

Vaughan

> No-one knows. Sources report no, but other sources report yes. To add
some
> confusion to the matter, the 4D was originally taken out of services
> account a faulty static inverter. Hillside upper management then said
it
> was costing them too much money to feed that white elephant so it was
> go to Ballarat for storage, after temporary storage at Bayswater. It
was
> then said that they couldn't get it to Ballarat because of the
obligatory
> bridges to stop it. Now it was seen two weeks ago powered up, with new
> Hillside "Train of Thought" stickers. At this present moment (as of 5-
6
> days ago at least) it was still sitting at Bayswater, and of note was
one
> of it's airconditioning units (correct me if not) sitting on a stand
in
> the great outdoors (outside the shed).
>
> That said, your guess is about as good as anyone elses. My guess is
there
> is a bit s***fight going on between upper management, and other staff
about
> it running or not.
>
> Regards
> Michael
>
> MJWierzbinski said on 18-Nov-1999 in <19991118021335.06100.00000435@ng
> -cc1.aol.com>:
>
> >Is the 4D reentering service or not. I have seen it at Bayswater for
> >while now, what's the story?
> >

> --
> Michael Kurkowski
> Ph: 0416-044-124