Re: 2 EL's on Patrick's

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
8100s3$n6v$2@news1.mpx.com.au">news:8100s3$n6v$2@news1.mpx.com.au...
> David & Julie Donald <dsjmd@hermes.net.au> wrote in message
> 38325102.49B60A40@hermes.net.au">news:38325102.49B60A40@hermes.net.au...
> > There is word around that it is NRC, not GSR, that wants to break the
> contract
> > (no word on "The Overland", but presumably it is involved as well),
simply
> due
> > to the points being raised - lack of motive power; think of the number
of
> NR's
> > that are required to be around at any one time simply to fill GSR's
needs.
> > Whilst it may be true that NRC has three or four years still to do, I am
> sure
> > that the "legal eagles" know all the loopholes.
>
> Combined with the fact that GSR *may* be able to get quite a good deal
from
> CFCL (or whatever they are called) to run EL's, crewed by ASR crews, and
we
> have a win/win situation. Oops, I said that a few days ago, didn't I?
>
> --
> DaveProctor
> thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au

Yes ASR could do the job much cheaper than NRC, after all they use cheap
labour to run their trains compared to the rest of Australia, then again
that should suit Serco/GSR also, their record on paying wages and conditions
speaks for its self!!!

The win/win situation only exists for the shareholders not the workers in
these companies

Bob.