Re: [VIC] Melb. Kensington Grain Today.

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Steven Hurst wrote:

>         Whilst trying to catch up to the SRHC train down the BMS line today
> (see my "Re: J515 to Ballarat" posting) I was held up by P20 removing 3
> VHGFs from the Kensington (KEN) Goodman Fielder Siding.  It pushed the
> wagons out into the Down platform, then pulled them back onto the UP
> suburban line, instead of the goods lines there as I expected.
>     Then whilst at SSS, this train was then sighted running along the lines
> past SSS.  It normally would stop at NME and run around to take the wagons
> back to Tottenham yard.  Does anyone have ANY idea where this train would
> have been going instead?!

Steven

For an unknown reason (by me), the train sometimes goes to Spencer St,
Flinders St and (in the old days) Jolimont Yard to run around.

It was recently at Spencer St trk 10A at 16:45pm.  I don't think the
Metrol controllers were happy that day ;-)

Gareth.

 I can't help growing old, but growing up is optional :-)
 Gareth Lumsden    REPLY TO: glums112@start.com.au     glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278