[VIC] Melb. Kensington Grain Today.

Hi all,
        Whilst trying to catch up to the SRHC train down the BMS line today
(see my "Re: J515 to Ballarat" posting) I was held up by P20 removing 3
VHGFs from the Kensington (KEN) Goodman Fielder Siding.  It pushed the
wagons out into the Down platform, then pulled them back onto the UP
suburban line, instead of the goods lines there as I expected.
    Then whilst at SSS, this train was then sighted running along the lines
past SSS.  It normally would stop at NME and run around to take the wagons
back to Tottenham yard.  Does anyone have ANY idea where this train would
have been going instead?!

    As an aside, I was wondering how the loco got behind the wagons?  Would
it have run to the end of the siding, then run back thru the unloading bay?
I have never witnessed the shunting entirely, and I don't understand what
happens here.  I would have though that perhaps the tracks would not take
the weight of the loco through the shed/unloading area.

regards,

Steven Hurst
Melbourne, Australia

FAI Bathurst 1000 www.fai1000.com.au