Re: SLR

Ray McDermott wrote in message ...

>--
>Ray McDermott   raymcd@ozemail.com.au
>Gail BENNETT <valleyfm@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
>80labi$aoa$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:80labi$aoa$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
>> Thanks for this Rod...I was wondering when they would start work on the
>> extension.
>>
>> I have heard they may eventually extend into ashfield. how will they get
>> from the old metropolitan goods line into ashfield???
>>
>> Gail
>
>I think the proposed terminus is Summer Hill.  The line could branch off
>from the goods line before the main line overbridge and go up Grosvenor St,
>it's only a few hundred metres.
>
>Ray

The latest word on the extension was that it ultimately extend to Ashfield.
Certainly it would be along streets and will presumably end up at Ashfield
Station but I don't think that any details were worked out - probably more
a throwaway statement.  Ashfield Station has had a major upgrade having
been identified as an Olympic access station so it is probably slated as a
major interchange for road, rail and SLR (or Metro).

Chris Lehmann