Re: J550 (was Sale - Stratford and beyond...)

Darren H. <locob67@hotmail.com> wrote in message 382e2931@nap-ns1">news:382e2931@nap-ns1...
> Darren H. <locob67@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 382a84f7@nap-ns1">382a84f7@nap-ns1">news:382a84f7@nap-ns1...
> > > Warragul/ Sale/ Stratford.
> > SNIP SNip
> > Perhaps we shall call you Titanium Man.
> Any way what's wrong with putting a red Holden motor in it,plenty of room
> under the bonnet.<g!>
> Lineman
>
> Non-serious part....
> The problem with this proposal is that the J's fuel tank is missing and
also
> that the Holden motor would make it difficult to hear the steam sound
> generator.
> Fixed by installing west coast duel exhaust system in stainless:-)
> Slightly more serious part...
> While talking about J550, what ever became of the agreement with Steamrail
> to paint this loco? I seem to recall that in 1986 when Steamrail exchanged
> J550 for A2 986 (wasn't this meant to be restored for the bicentenary?)
that
> there was an agreement for them to paint the loco every 4 (?) years or so.
> They did manage this once (in the wrong colours at that) but it doesn't
seem
> to have continued. Don't get me wrong, I realise this can't be a priority
> for a volunteer organisation. I just wonder what happened. I don't expect
> this was indended to be a never ending agreement. I'm sure it must've
> expired by now. Yarragon's K '183' needs the work more urgently anyway.
> Perhaps they are daunted by the keep off the loco signs,unlike every one
else.
> Titanium Man (I've been called that before anyway)
> Yes I thought you might of been
> Okay then, now to go have a better look at these new FV log wagons in
> Warragul...
> They are rather big,they are swallowing up the back log (he he he) in
spectacular fashion.
It has been pointed out to me that the man who drives the truck,drives the
crane,drives the Rail tractor,and places the wagons as well.If true then
thats multi skilling for you .All they would need to do is teach them how to
do safe working and drive the loco ..