Re: Sale - Stratford and beyond...

12 VOHX wagons (2 sets of 6) are in Sale yard today. It seems that today's
idea is that empties will be brought to Sale, the RTL will take the wagons
to Stratford (and over the Avon river bridge) where a T class will take them
to Hillside. Obviously the process would be reversed on the return. This is
dependant on getting a loco safely across the bridge. Once acheived, it will
be left at Stratford between runs. The 2 rakes of wagons would be exchanged
at Stratford. Should all this be financially successful, the Avon river
bridge will have the required work done to allow locos to cross it. My light
hearted comment re using the RTL may be correct after all - unless there is
another idea by tomorrow.

Re J550 to Bairnsdale? Well, considering it is only a shell at present,
perhaps its low weight would allow it across the bridge. They could a small
electric motor in it, put some batteries in the boiler, and a smoke
generator up front. Who'd know?
Sorry - I've been selling models for too long.
Darren Hodges.
Warragul/ Sale/ Stratford.