Re: Sale - Stratford and beyond...

Darren H. <locob67@hotmail.com> wrote in message 3822bb4d@nap-ns1">news:3822bb4d@nap-ns1...
> Further to reports on the Avon river bridge at Stratford (Vic), RTL 1 has
> made several more visits to the line. It ran on Thu 4.11 with about 3
wagons
> across the bridge in the morning, and ran 'light' from Stratford yard to
> Hillside in the afternoon. It is expected to run daily to compact the
track.
> A fine time for me to be on crutches.
> T, H and A class locos have been sited in Sale recently as well. A slight
> polish on the rails east (north?) of the yard suggests some may have been
> little past Sale. No tyre marks as with the RTL. Things are finally
getting
> interesting around here.
> Further info welcome.
>
> Darren Hodges.
>
> Hi Darren
If its not rude,why is our Stratford coast watcher on crutches?
At Warragul we seem to be getting more FV painted wagons for the logs.
Also it appears that as part of the yard redevelopment the large billboard
at the down end of the yard opposite the sale yards may be going.During the
week all the posters where removed to reveal a very faded painted
advertisement for a Paynesville hotel.
The story I heard about the RTL1 was that the wagons could only be 1/2
loaded at Hillside due to the bridge.Does this appear to be factual?
Lineman