Re: Guards to Drive During Olympics?

Rod wrote:

> Sorry David, in my previous post I called you Craig,
>
> > Trains do not have steering wheels.
> > Some of the best drivers are ex-Guards.
>
> But I also noticed the two lines repeated above.....
> I will never believe the second line, like I said before, most failed
> Enginemen , who want to stay on the job, become Guards!

That may be true on freight.  From my experience, ex-Guards know more about
customer service than those from freight.  Ex-Guards tend to keep their trains
on time better than those from freight.

> The first line does worry me though....are you serious? Are you saying that
> it is that easy?

No, I was quoting a line out of the Sydney newspaper that said something about
being let loose "behind the wheel".

> If so I will be thinking about opening a "book" and I should think that odds
> of 100 to 1 would  not be too generous? to start with. But be warned your
> new boss [Driving Grade] is a personal friend of mine.

What are you talking about?

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au