Re: BHP Iron Ore to offer contracts

<gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com> wrote in message
7fkr2sg3f61aud16necgehvafiktmkb1rm@4ax.com">news:7fkr2sg3f61aud16necgehvafiktmkb1rm@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:59:45 +1100, "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
> wrote:
>

> >Richard <richard_snook@primus.com.au> wrote in message
> >382BA9FD.25D44895@primus.com.au">news:382BA9FD.25D44895@primus.com.au...
> >> Makes really glad I followed my old mans sage advice and got an
> >education...imagine having to suffer the indignity of
> >> only $120,000 :-)
> >>

> > That shouldn't have stopped you, I know many Enginemen who did the same
> >thing, then they joined the railways.
> >
> >Bob.
> >
> >> cheers >:~)) Richard

> >be

> Hey Bob i thought the idea of IWA'S was that you had to negotiate your
> own pay rate hence the $120000 figure sounds to be a myth as i could
> go into negotiations with the company and be a poor negotiator and
> only achieve $80000 but perhaps the next bloke to go in might
> negotiate $95000 but you are definitely not allowed to disclose what
> you negotiated to any one by LAW .
> NO bloody thanks
> regards Paul Johnston
>
> Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

Hi Paul,

Surely Peter Reith was only looking after the workers when he introduced
AWA's, after all now you can go straight to your boss and negotiate your own
wage, then when he refuses to pay you what you want and orders you out, you
can show in the next applicant for your job!!!! (Vince must have simular
ideas)

Peter Reith doesn't want to involve unions in negotiations because they are
run by Union Bosses who have a political agenda, "To protect the workers
he's trying to subjugate".

Funny thing, every time I run my spell checker, when it gets to Reith it
keeps asking me if I want to change it to Reich????

Bob.

PS.<g>