Re: BHP Iron Ore to offer contracts

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:59:45 +1100, "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
wrote:

>Richard <richard_snook@primus.com.au> wrote in message
>382BA9FD.25D44895@primus.com.au">news:382BA9FD.25D44895@primus.com.au...
>> Makes really glad I followed my old mans sage advice and got an
>education...imagine having to suffer the indignity of
>> only $120,000 :-)
>>

> That shouldn't have stopped you, I know many Enginemen who did the same
>thing, then they joined the railways.
>
>Bob.
>
>> cheers >:~)) Richard
>>
>> David Bromage wrote:
>> >
>> > BHP is to offer individual contracts to its iron ore workers to remain
>> > competitive with its rival Rio Tinto. Among the lucrative contracts to
>be
>> > offered to its unionised workforce are salaries of $120,000 for train
>> > drivers.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > David
Hey Bob i thought the idea of IWA'S was that you had to negotiate your
own pay rate hence the $120000 figure sounds to be a myth as i could
go into negotiations with the company and be a poor negotiator and
only achieve $80000 but perhaps the next bloke to go in might
negotiate $95000 but you are definitely not allowed to disclose what
you negotiated to any one by LAW .
NO bloody thanks
regards Paul Johnston

Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)